Vine Street Elementary School strives to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of each and every student to ensure that they are college and career ready at the
end of high school. The school, parents, and the community work in partnership to develop each student's academic excellence, social responsibility, and personal
integrity. All stakeholders are committed to the implementation of State and District grade level standards.
We will carry out our mission with commitment to create a community of lifelong successful learners. Successful learners will be able to access information through the appropriate use of written, oral, and technological resources. All students will demonstrate proficiency according to State and District standards. They will be prepared to apply their knowledge in order to function independently and to contribute to our global society.
Principal Lowry's August/September Message
Ask Us About and Come to Observe…
Our 2018-2019 Schoolwide Instructional Initiatives:
1. Cognitively Guided Instruction – Mathematics emphasis
2. Early Language and Literacy Plan (ELLP) Academies
3. Implementation of Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and
Full Option Science System (FOSS)
4. CA Standards-Based Writing and (Essay Writing emphasis in Gr. 3-6)
5. “Way of Council”/”2nd Step” (social emotional skills/empathy)
Our 2018-2019 Enrichment and Other Programs:
1. Daily Morning “Vine Victory Laps!” Community-building, Fitness,
Goal-Setting, and School-wide Positive Behavior Support Program
2. Two “Mad Science Laboratories for NGSS and FOSS instruction
3. Creative Arts Network (Dance, Theater, Visual Arts, Choral Music)
4. Orchestra Program
5. iPad Lab, MacBook Air Lab, Mac (Desktop) Lab
6. “EnRichLA!” Edible Garden Education Program
7. “CONGA KIDS!” Ballroom Dance and Social Skills Development)
8. “9 DOTS” “getCoding!” Computer software coding Program
9. LAs BEST, YS, Boys & Girls Club of Hollywood, Cahuenga Park
10. Parent Education Workshops and much more!
COME TO VINE STREET SCHOOL!
Dr. Kurt S. Lowry, Principal
Pregúntenos Acerca de Venir y Observar...
2018-2019 Nuestra Nuevas Iniciativas Instructivas Escolar:
1. Instrucción Guiada Cognitivamente (Matemáticas) - T/K-6
2. Plan de Lenguaje y Alfabetización Temprana (ELLP) "Academias" - K-2
3. Proceso de Escritura - K-6 y Redacciones - Gr. 3-6
4. La Próxima Generación de Estándares de Ciencia (SSPG) - T/K-6
5. "Camino del Consejo" y "2º Paso comunidad y programas de creación de empatía - T/K-6
VENGA A VINE STREET SCHOOL!
Dr. Kurt S. Lowry, Director
1. Implement CA Standards
2. Professional Development and Planning Rigorous Lessons
3. Personalize the Teaching & Learning Experience for Students
4. Positive Room Environment/Bulletin Boards/Feedback
5. “Master Plan” for English Learners/Standard English Learners
6. Implement Teaching & Learning Focus Elements (Observation + Feedback)
7. Analyze & Use Student Assessment Data to Drive Differentiated Instruction
The Los Angeles Unified School District is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying.
The District prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying based on actual or perceived race or ethnicity, gender/sex (including gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and pregnancy-related medical conditions) sexual orientation, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age (40 and above), genetic information, political belief or affiliation (not union related), a person's association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation in any program or activity it conducts or to which it provides significant assistance.
For inquiries about District policies and procedures related to student-to-student, student-to-staff and staff-to student harassment/discrimination, including how to file a harassment/discrimination complaint contact:
Educational Equity Compliance Office
LAUSD Section 504 and Title IX Coordinator
For inquiries or complaints related to employee-to-employee, student-to-employee, or work/employment related discrimination or harassment, contact:
Equal Employment Opportunity Section
Both offices are located at:
Los Angeles Unified School District
333 South Beaudry Avenue - 20th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017